New Student Housing 

The Office of Residence Life welcomes you to Southern Vermont College!

Here is a step-by-step guide to request your housing for the fall. To read more about our housing options prior to submitting your housing paperwork, click here!

Step #1:  After paying your admissions deposit, you need to read the 2016-2017 Resident Student Contract in its entirety. After reading the form, print off the third page and complete it. 

Step #2:  Print off the 2016-2017 Preference Form. Complete the form, recording your assignment preference, room type preference, roommate preference and other general information about yourself. 

Step #3: Send in both of your forms by July 11th! You can mail or fax them to:

Office of Residence Life
Southern Vermont College
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6002

Fax: 802-447-4083

Step #4: Feel free to call 802-447-4013 with any questions!  

Helpful Hints:

1.  If you need to request Special Housing Accommodations, please visit the Special Housing Accommodations page for further instructions.

2.  All full-time students with fewer than four full-time semesters of college enrollment are required to reside in College housing. If a student transfers to the College with fewer than four full-time semesters of college enrollment, the student is required to live in College housing until the requirement is met. 

3.  The vast majority of first-year students live in Aldis and Bowen. This is to help create a living environment that is supportive of the transition for first-year students.

4.  We will do our best to accommodate all requests. It is not always possible to give everyone their first choice.

5.  Housing assignments will be completed over the summer. Students will be notified of their placements and roommate assignments during the week of August 1st.

We look forward to seeing you in August!